Did you know there’s a difference between following a plant-based diet and being a vegan? Many people believe they’re the same, but there is one very significant difference. When you follow a vegan diet, you refrain from eating any and all animal products. A plant-based diet, on the other hand, still allows you to consume animal products in moderation. This way of eating is an excellent starting point for people who are considering vegetarianism or veganism.
Meatless Monday has become another great method for decreasing your consumption of animal-based ingredients. Instead of cutting these foods out altogether, you take a break from them one day a week to focus on plant-based dishes. The plant-based recipes below will introduce more tasty fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and plant-based proteins into your diet. Preparing a couple of these recipes each meatless Monday will help you decide if going vegetarian or vegan is right for you!
12 Plant-Based Recipes that will have You Looking Forward to Meatless Monday
If you’re new to meatless Monday, plant-based recipes, or both, these recipes are a great place to start. The flexibility that comes with a plant-based diet is extremely helpful. You can customize it to what works best for you. If you just want to eat a plant-based breakfast and consume meat for lunch and dinner, you can! If you want to avoid animal products all day, that works too! It’s totally up to you.
1. Spicy Breakfast Tacos – We could eat tacos for every meal of the day, and this delicious breakfast taco recipe allows us to do just that! You’ll never believe that these spicy tacos are vegan-friendly.
2. Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats – Peanut butter and banana is one of our favorite flavor combinations. This overnight oats recipe will make your morning easier than ever.
3. Coconut Milk Smoothie – This tasty coconut milk smoothie is made using just three simple yet highly nutritious ingredients. Each serving will provide you with 18 grams of healthy fats for long-lasting energy!
Lunch and Dinner
4. Protein Packed Black Bean and Lentil Soup – Black beans and lentils are an excellent source of plant-based protein. This recipe is chock-full of belly-filling fiber to keep you full for hours.
5. 10-Minute Vegetarian Sushi Bowl – Our fast and simple vegetarian sushi bowl is too good not to try. There’s no raw fish here, just loads of flavor!
6. Vegan Ground Beef for Tacos – You’ll never know the difference between the real thing and this vegan ground beef. You can still enjoy your favorite taco-combinations, thanks to this awesome recipe.
7. Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Buddha Bowl – Say hello to my new favorite recipe! This incredible plant-based Buddha bowl is loaded with protein and fiber. If you need energy, this is the dish for you! On a side note: Feel free to omit the honey if you’re sticking to a vegan diet.
8. Vegan Southwest Veggie Wraps – Our veggie wraps have a Southwest flair and make a great lunch option. They’re not only super yummy, but also easy to eat on-the-run.
9. 5-Ingredient Vegan Chicken Salad – Okay, so it’s not actually chicken, but it sure does taste like it! Enjoy this easy recipe on its own, in a wrap, or on a bed of lettuce!
Snacks and Dessert
10. 30-Minute Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – These spicy and savory buffalo cauliflower bites are perfect when that midday snack attack hits. They’ll satisfy your cravings at fewer than 60 calories per serving. Talk about a win-win!
11. Herb-Roasted Nuts – Nuts are one of the most popular plant-based weight-loss snacks. They’re loaded with healthy fats, protein, and so much flavor!
12. No-Bake Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bars – There’s no need to fret when your sweet tooth strikes. These tasty little morsels are plant-based and, quite frankly, to die for.
Do these plant-based recipes have you looking forward to meatless Monday? Which one are you going to try first? Let us know in the comment section!
Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest for all of our newest and tastiest plant-based, vegetarian, and vegan recipes.