Lemon and blueberry are a match made in pancake heaven.
I’ve eaten quite a lot of pancakes in my life. However these blueberry lemon pancakes are the finest I’ve ever made at dwelling. They’re fluffy and so filled with taste they nearly don’t want maple syrup… however you’re undoubtedly going to need to drizzle some on anyway. Make these blueberry lemon pancakes for a simple weekend breakfast or meal prep them for the workweek.
This simple pancake recipe is made with lemon juice and zest, blueberries, a mixture of entire wheat and all-purpose flour and the standard suspects in a regular pancake recipe.
Get extra recipes like this within the Workweek Lunch Meal Prep Program with entry to our meal planning instruments, grocery listing generator and extra. Start a free trial today!
Tips on how to Customise These Superb Blueberry Lemon Pancakes:
For those who don’t like or can’t discover blueberries, swap them out for raspberries or strawberries. Be happy to additionally use a combination!
Frozen berries are high quality for this recipe.
For those who don’t like lemon, go away it out and make common fluffy berry pancakes!
With regards to flour, you’re welcome to make use of 100% entire wheat, however word that your pancakes will probably be just a little denser and heavier. You need to use 100% white flour too (this received’t have an effect on the feel a lot!).
For those who’re gluten-free, I like to recommend utilizing all-purpose GF flour except you will have one other flour mix that you simply belief for pancakes.
For those who’re vegan, sub the eggs for flax or chia eggs! Directions are within the notes beneath the recipe.
Are Blueberry Lemon Pancakes Meal Prep Pleasant?
You possibly can completely meal prep lemon blueberry pancakes!
You possibly can retailer these within the fridge for just a few days and reheat them within the microwave, within the toaster, on the range and even within the oven! I perfer the microwave.
The important thing to avoiding sogginess with panackes is to be sure you retailer them after they’ve cooled down. This helps keep away from condensation gathering within the meal prep container, which normally causes sogginess.
Tips on how to Cook dinner the Excellent, Fluffy Pancakes:
- Get your pan HOT. Let it sit over a medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add your cooking fats and let it warmth up for a minute. I really like cooking pancakes in butter, however if you wish to use cooking spray or coconut oil, that works too.
- Use a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup to scoop batter into the pan. I normally match 2 at a time. Use a spoon to unfold the batter out on the pan right into a circle (or as near a circle you will get)
- Cook dinner the pancakes till you see just a few bubbles, then flip!
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 till you’re out of batter. I like to recommend re-greasing the pan between batches!
Can’t wait to see what you consider this recipe! That is really one among my favourite meal prep breakfasts.
Storage and reheating notes:
These scrumptious blueberry lemon pancakes will final within the fridge for as much as 4 days. You possibly can reheat them within the microwave, toaster oven or on the range.
Are you able to Freeze Blueberry Lemon Pancakes?
Excellent news, pancakes are freezer pleasant! Freeze cooked pancakes in zip-top baggage for as much as 3 months.
Listed below are some extra pancake recipes you’ll love:
And Don’t Overlook to Attempt extra WWL breakfasts!
Blueberry Lemon Pancakes For Meal Prep
Servings 3 meals
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup entire wheat flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lemon for zest (2-3 tsp) and juice (2 TBSP)
- 1 cup milk of your selection
- 2 egg sub flax eggs – see notes
- 4 tbsp butter melted (sub coconut oil)
- 1-1/4 cup blueberries
- cooking spray sub butter or coconut oil
Combine collectively your flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in a big bowl.
Combine the milk, eggs, butter, and contemporary lemon juice in one other bowl, or massive glass measuring cup.
Add the moist substances to the dry and blend till simply mixed. It’s OK if the batter seems lumpy! Don’t over-mix. Gently fold within the blueberries final.
Warmth up a big skillet over medium warmth. Add cooking spray or 1/2 TBSP butter. Then add 1/4 cup batter to the pan and prepare dinner pancakes for 2-3 minutes on all sides (you’re on the lookout for a pleasant golden brown colour). Flip and repeat till you’re out of batter! This batter ended up making 9 pancakes.
Assemble: Add 3 pancakes per container. Let cool to room temp to keep away from soggy pancakes all through the week, then cowl and retailer within the fridge.
- Mix 2 TBSP floor flaxseed meal or chia seeds with 6 TBSP water.
- Let the combination sit for quarter-hour at room temp or within the fridge.
- The ultimate consequence will probably be goopy, like an egg.