This American Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is silky, whipped, decadent, and chocolatey with simply the correct amount of sweetness. It spreads and pipes superbly over truffles and Chocolate Cupcakes.
This put up could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure policy.
We love selfmade frosting recipes from Vanilla Buttercream to Cream Cheese Frosting and naturally this straightforward Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Do-it-yourself frostings have higher components and style means higher than store-bought.
Chocolate Frosting Video Tutorial
In the event you loved this video for Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel (P.S. Click on the BELL icon so that you could be the primary to know once we put up a brand new video). Thanks for subscribing!
Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
This chocolate buttercream frosting is thick and fluffy. It holds its form properly similar to Swiss Meringue Buttercream so it’s nice for adorning and piping. It additionally has a wealthy chocolate taste.
How a lot frosting does this make?
Frosting Cupcakes? This recipe yields about 2 1/4 cups frosting and generously frosts 12 cupcakes or flippantly frosts 24 cupcakes.
Frosting a Muffins? To frost a 9” 2-layer cake, enhance the recipe by 50% (i.e. 1 1/2 cups butter, 4 1/2 cups sugar, and so on).
The Key to Nice Buttercream
For the best-textured buttercream, ensure the butter is on the right temperature. Correctly softened butter ought to be left at room temperature for about 1 1/2 hours, or watch our video on how to soften butter in 5 minutes.
Your butter ought to really feel cool to the contact and you must be capable of indent it along with your fingertip. By no means soften or oversoften butter for the frosting.
Elements for Chocolate Buttercream
- Unsalted butter – ought to be softened at room temperature
- Confectioners sugar – also called powdered sugar. Measured earlier than sifting (sifting just isn’t needed).
- Cocoa powdered – pure unsweetened cocoa powder or dutch course of.
- Heavy whipping cream – lightens up and thins the frosting.
- Vanilla extract – we use actual vanilla extract for one of the best taste.
- Salt – balances the sweetness of the buttercream. It’s the key ingredient in buttercream that makes it style not too candy. We use high-quality sea salt.
Find out how to Make Chocolate Buttercream
The most effective [Title] is less complicated and takes much less time than you suppose! (Amazon hyperlinks for instruments used)
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment on excessive pace for 3 minutes till creamy and lightened in colour.
- Add remaining components – confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Beat collectively on low pace till powdered sugar is integrated then on medium/excessive pace for an additional 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl a number of occasions. Add extra cream if wanted to skinny the frosting.
Professional Tip: Scrape down the bowl a number of occasions to make sure the frosting is evenly blended and even in colour.
Use both unsweetened pure cocoa powder comparable to Hershey’s model or dutch course of cocoa powder for making chocolate buttercream.
You may skinny the frosting with milk as an alternative of heavy cream, however it’s possible you’ll want barely much less. Add it till you attain your required texture.
You may simply double the recipe, growing your mixing occasions barely.
Comic story, I spent years sifting the dry components for this recipe till I made a decision to skip the step someday and located it didn’t make a distinction. The components incorporate simply with out sifting.
Find out how to Serve Chocolate Buttercream
This frosting is scrumptious over truffles, cupcakes, candy bread, cookies you title it! Listed below are a few of our favourite methods to make use of Chocolate Buttercream frosting:
- To Refrigerate: Retailer in an hermetic container or ziploc bag for as much as every week (don’t retailer close to fish or meat as it could take up these fridge odors). Carry to room temperature and re-whip to make the frosting fluffy.
- Freezing: Bundle the identical means as for refrigerating, then freeze as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day then convey to room temperature earlier than re-whipping to a fluffy consistency.
Take pleasure in this straightforward 6-minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. It’s one I’ve been making for years and I’ll by no means cease loving this recipe.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (6-Minute Recipe)
This American chocolate buttercream frosting is decadent, indulgent, and chocolatey. It has simply the correct amount of sweetness and is ideal for spreading or piping on truffles or cupcakes.
Energy: 275 kcal
Servings: 12 cupcakes
With a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat butter on excessive pace for about 3 minutes or till creamy and lightened in colour, scraping down the bowl as wanted.
Add confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, 3 Tbsp heavy cream, 2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/4 tsp salt.
Beat on low pace till sugar is integrated then enhance to medium/excessive pace and beat for 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl a number of occasions to make sure every part is properly blended. Add one other Tablespoon of heavy cream if wanted to skinny the frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (6-Minute Recipe)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 153
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 11g69%
Trans Fats 1g
Ldl cholesterol 46mg15%
Vitamin A 528IU11%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.