Baked Feta Pasta has grow to be a serious viral development throughout the globe and is being known as the “TikTok pasta.” Watch the video tutorial and also you’ll be amazed how the feta cheese turns right into a creamy pasta sauce.
This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure policy.
Baked Feta Pasta Video Tutorial:
In case you loved this video for Baked Feta Pasta, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel (P.S. Click on the BELL icon so that you will be the primary to know once we submit a brand new video). Thanks for subscribing!
What’s Feta Pasta?
Baked Feta pasta is an excellent approach to create pasta sauce. You bake a block of feta in a casserole dish along with tomatoes, garlic, additional virgin olive oil, and a little bit salt and pepper. As soon as the tomatoes burst and cheese begins melting, you pull it out of the oven and mash the cheese right into a creamy pasta sauce that melds with olive oil and juicy tomatoes.
That is our spin on this Baked Creamy Feta pasta with tomatoes and asparagus as a result of my daughter loves the asparagus and my son swoons over these roasted tomatoes.
Origin of Feta Pasta
The Baked Feta pasta craze was began in 2019 by Tiiu Piret and Liemessa, two bloggers from Finland. Liemessa’s recipe was then tailored within the US by Grilled Cheese Social which went viral on TikTok and have become a serious development.
Components for Baked Feta Pasta
- Tomatoes – cherry or grape tomatoes work nice.
- Asparagus – we added it for extra veggies however you possibly can omit if desired.
- Olive oil – an additional virgin olive oil has the perfect taste.
- Salt and pepper – a little bit goes a great distance because the cheese is of course salty.
- Feta cheese – block-style feta is greatest and provides you with the creamiest consistency. Greek for French Feta cheese is barely creamier however USA Feta produced from cow’s milk additionally works nice.
- Pasta – quick pasta is simpler to combine in (see our favourite varieties under).
- Parsley – use a beneficiant 1/4 cup or substitute with recent chopped basil.
- Garlic – Add half whereas baking and the remaining as quickly because it comes out of the oven.
The Greatest Pasta to Use
We use quick pasta for feta pasta as a result of it’s a lot simpler to stir and mix with the tacky sauce. Use solely 8 to 10 oz or it can overwhelm the sauce. These are a few of our favourite choices:
- Row 1: Penne, Rigatoni, Fusilli
- Row 2: Gemelli, Trottole, Cavatapi
Pasta Cooking Tip: The important thing to an incredible pasta casserole is to prepare dinner the pasta till it’s al dente in salted water in response to bundle directions. Use at the least a Tablespoon of salt in your boiling water.
How one can Make Baked Feta Pasta
This recipe couldn’t get any simpler. Your veggies and sauce bake collectively within the oven whereas your pasta boils on the range, then you definitely marry them collectively and you’ve got an unbelievable baked Feta Pasta.
- Put together veggies – in a 9×13 casserole dish, mix tomatoes, asparagus, 1/3 cup olive oil, half of your minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix and create an area within the heart.
- Add Feta cheese – place an 8 oz block of feta cheese within the heart and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and a few black pepper. Bake at 400˚F for half-hour, till tomatoes begin to burst.
- Prepare dinner pasta – about midway by way of the baking time, begin cooking your pasta in a pot of salted water till al dente in response to bundle directions. Reserve 1/2 cup scorching pasta water.
- Add garlic and herbs – take away the completed casserole from the oven, add finely chopped parsley and remaining minced garlic and use the again of a spoon to mash the cheese into the oil and juices launched from tomatoes.
- Add pasta – drain the pasta and add it to the recent tacky sauce and toss to mix.
Professional Tip: To make the pasta creamier or saucier, add scorching pasta water to achieve desired consistency. If the water cools down, heat it up within the microwave till steaming scorching.
You’ll be able to change asparagus with rooster tenders. My sister made this with a pound of rooster tenders, roasting them in the identical pan with the cheese and tomatoes.
I don’t advocate substituting tomatoes since their juice helps for the sauce. We haven’t discovered something that works in addition to tomatoes.
The oil is necessary to forming the fitting saucy consistency. I’d not advocate lowering the quantity of olive oil.
Sure! One of many issues I like about feta pasta is that it reheats properly. Not like a heavy cream-based sauce which may separate, this one reheats creamy. Add a splash of pasta cooking water or filtered water to maintain it moist when reheating within the microwave.
This is among the best methods to organize a rich-tasting pasta. In case you strive baked feta pasta with your personal spin on it, I’d love to listen to about it within the feedback.
We like to serve Baked Feta Pasta as a major course paired with lean proteins and these easy sides:
Creamy Baked Feta Pasta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 30 minutes
Whole Time: 45 minutes
Feta Pasta with tomatoes and asparagus is a creamy and simple pasta casserole. Prepare dinner the pasta whereas the cheese and tomatoes bake for a fast dinner.
Price to Make:
baked feta pasta, feta pasta, tiktok pasta
Energy: 411 kcal
Servings: 6 individuals
cherry or grape tomatoes
ends trimmed and reduce into bite-size items
extra virgin olive oil
plus 1 Tbsp to drizzle over cheese
block Feta Cheese
finely minced, divided
or basil, finely minced
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Add tomatoes and asparagus to a 9×13 casserole. Add 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt. Toss to mix. Make an area within the heart and place your 8 oz block of feta within the pan. Drizzle the highest with 1 Tbsp olive oil and one other sprinkle of black pepper. Bake at 400 for half-hour till tomatoes begin to burst.
About midway by way of your baking time, carry a pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Prepare dinner in response to bundle directions, stirring a number of instances to maintain the pasta from sticking. Drain pasta (reserving some cooking water should you determine so as to add it later).
After half-hour, the tomatoes ought to burst and begin to launch their juice. Take away from the oven and instantly stir in remaining minced garlic and parsley and toss to mix. Use the again of a giant spoon to press the cheese into the olive oil and stir till cheese is properly dispersed within the dish.
Stir in drained cooked pasta. Add reserved pasta water if desired. Serve heat. Be conscious of these tomatoes (the juicy facilities will be extremely popular should you eat them straight away). Add reserved scorching pasta water as desired for saucier pasta.
Creamy Baked Feta Pasta
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 189
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 7g44%
Ldl cholesterol 34mg11%
Vitamin A 1143IU23%
Vitamin C 29mg35%
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.