This Chocolate Cupcake recipe is really easy and the outcomes are wonderful each time. High them with our 6-minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting and you’ve got the last word chocolate lovers cupcake! Watch the video tutorial and see how simple it’s.
This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure policy.
We love do-it-yourself cupcake recipes from Vanilla Cupcakes to Pumpkin Cupcakes. They’re all the time the primary dessert to vanish at birthday events. If you’re a fan of cupcakes constructed from scratch, this Chocolate Cupcake Recipe is a must-try!
Chocolate Cupcake Video Tutorial
In case you loved this video for Chocolate Cupcakes, please subscribe to our Youtube Cooking Show (P.S. Click on the BELL icon and be the primary to know after we publish a brand new video).
Why you’ll Love these Chocolate Cupcakes
First, this recipe is SO EASY! Merely combine the dry components, then combine the moist components, and whisk them collectively. They bake up with a ravishing domed high.
These chocolate cupcakes are moist and fluffy on the similar time with a tender crumb. The espresso is the key ingredient right here and makes these intensely chocolatey and offers the cupcakes a deeper shade. You may’t actually style the espresso in these and also you most likely wouldn’t understand it’s there should you didn’t learn the recipe, nevertheless it actually makes the chocolate taste shine.
How you can Make Chocolate Cupcakes
- Fast prep – Preheat the oven and line a 12-count cupcake pan.
- Combine dry components – In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively dry components (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt), breaking apart any large clumps of cocoa.
- Combine moist components – In a second bowl, whisk collectively moist components (heat espresso, vinegar, oil, egg, vanilla)
- Mix batter – Pour moist components over dry components and whisk simply till mixed. The batter might be a bit of unfastened with small lumps.
- Fill and bake – Fill every cupcake liner 2/3 full and bake at 350˚F for 18-22 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear. Cool within the pan for five minutes then switch the cupcakes to a rack to chill earlier than frosting.
Professional Tip: Don’t overfill cupcake tin. In case you add greater than 2/3, it’s going to circulate over, get caught to the tin, and gained’t kind that excellent dome high. It’s higher to have a bit of batter left over than to overflow the pan.
Our recipes are written for utilizing a standard oven. We bake at 350˚F on the middle rack of the oven for precisely 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart of the cupcake comes out clear.
This cupcake batter converts properly to a cake and you’ll want to double the recipe for a 9-inch, 2-layer cake. See our Chocolate Cake Recipe for steering on baking the cake.
You may substitute 1 cup espresso with 1 cup room temperature buttermilk. In my exams, the espresso gave the perfect shade and extra chocolate taste (see photograph under). If you’re involved about caffeine, decaf espresso may also work.
The Greatest Frosting for Chocolate Cupcakes
There are such a lot of methods to frost a cupcake. We love them with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. You would additionally make Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting, or any of those cupcake icings:
- Storing at Room Temperature: Make the cupcakes a day upfront, cool fully to room temperature then cowl and retailer at room temperature till able to frost and serve.
- Freezing: Freeze un-frosted cupcakes for as much as 2 months in a freezer protected zip bag or storage container.
- To Thaw: Defrost cupcakes within the fridge in a single day. For the softest texture, permit the cupcakes to come back to room temperature earlier than serving.
I hope this Chocolate Cupcake recipe turns into a go-to favourite for you! I cranked out 8 batches of cupcakes once I was growing the recipe and I’m assured these are the last word chocolate cupcakes.
Simple Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes
Whole Time: 30 minutes
This Chocolate Cupcake recipe is simple with nice outcomes each time. A stunning ingredient makes these moist, fluffy and tremendous chocolatey cupcakes. Attempt these with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Price to Make:
Energy: 187 kcal
Servings: 12 cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350˚F with the rack within the heart of the oven. Fill a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
In a big mixing bowl, completely whisk collectively dry components, breaking apart a lot of the cocoa clumps.
In a second mixing bowl, whisk collectively moist components.
Pour moist components over dry components and whisk simply till the components come collectively and no dry streaks stay. Batter might be a bit of unfastened and lumpy.
Use an ice scream scoop to portion batter, filling every cup 2/3 full (don’t over-fill). Bake 18-22 min (20 minutes was excellent), till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear. Cool 5 minutes within the pan then switch to a rack to chill fully to room temperature earlier than frosting.
Simple Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 63
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Trans Fats 1g
Ldl cholesterol 14mg5%
Vitamin A 20IU0%
* P.c Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.