Frittatas come together so easily. With just a few ingredients and a pan, you’ll get a breakfast worth slicing into. This Frittata Recipe is so versatile with all kinds of variations.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Hi guys! This is Natalya from Momsdish sharing our best frittata recipe.
The Only Frittata Recipe You’ll Need
Egg breakfast recipes are a favorite, from Poached Eggs to Breakfast Quesadillas, and we love getting creative with egg frittatas. Whether it’s a busy weekday morning or you’re hosting a brunch, all you need to do is pop this frittata in the oven. You can make just about any frittata with these basic ingredients:
- Eggs – the main ingredient of a frittata
- Heavy cream – adds moisture and richness to the egg base
- Salt – a simple seasoning is all you need
- Butter – to grease the pan and keep the frittata from sticking
- Cheese – we love mozzarella and goat cheese together
Now for the fun part. Frittatas are so versatile and forgiving that you can mix and match different toppings and ingredients to get your perfect breakfast.
- Cheese: You really can’t go wrong here. Goat, feta, mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar (sharp cheddar is a favorite), and brie work great.
- Veggies: Bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, asparagus, tomatoes, garlic, leeks, eggplant, shallots, and jalapenos.
- Leafy Greens: Arugula, spinach, kale, collard greens, swiss chard, endive, and beet greens.
- Dairy Options: Heavy cream is the best option here, but you can also use half-and-half or full-fat milk (reduce to 1/4 cup if using milk).
- Herbs: Parsley, chives, dill, or basil.
How to Make Frittatas
Making a frittata is as simple as it gets for a hearty and healthy breakfast in no time.
- Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, and salt.
- Chop veggies – dice your tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Butter your pan and add veggies.
- Pour over the egg mixture, top with cheese, and bake.
What is the Best Pan for Frittatas? Use a cast-iron pan or oven-safe pan between 9 and 10 inches in diameter to get the perfect sized slice so your frittata doesn’t spread too thin on the skillet.
Omelets are typically pan-fried and folded, while frittatas are baked in the oven like a cake. Also, frittatas call for a heavy dose of cream to make them light, fluffy, and luscious.
Yes, as long as it’s full-fat. If using milk, reduce to 1/4 cup. If you don’t have whole milk, adding a little sour cream, yogurt, or crème fraîche will do the trick.
A frittata tastes similar to a Quiche. It is an egg custard that is fluffy and creamy without the crust, making it gluten free.
Bake until the center is no longer jiggly and the edges are golden. Be sure you don’t overcook the frittata or it will seem rubbery and dry.
Making frittata in advance is perfect for meal prep or for when you are hosting a large brunch spread and want to cut down on day-of work.
- Refrigerator: Bake your frittata and let it cool down. Pop it in the fridge in an airtight container or covered tightly with plastic wrap. When you’re ready to serve, microwave a single slice until warmed through or pop the entire pan in the oven for a few minutes.
- Freezer: Freshly made or refrigerated frittata works best as not every variation of frittata works well for the freezer. Veggies like tomatoes and avocado do not freeze well. Be sure to fully thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating or it may end up wet and rubbery.
More Breakfast Recipes
If you loved this frittata, these top-rated breakfast recipes will get you excited.
Best Frittata Recipe (Easy Oven Method)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Frittatas are so easy with just a few ingredients. This one-pan breakfast Frittata Recipe is extremely versatile with endless variations.
Cost to Make:
frittata, frittata recipe
Calories: 273 kcal
Servings: 4 servings
heavy whipping cream
adjust to taste
grated mozzarella cheese
red, orange or yellow
Preheat the oven to 400F. Whisk eggs, heavy cream and salt until you get a smooth and even texture. Set aside.
Cut tomatoes in half. Chop bell peppers into small pieces.
Melt butter and coat the sides of the baking dish with it. Spread vegetables evenly on the bottom of the pan.
Pour over the egg mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Using a fork, distribute the cheese around a little to incorporate it into the eggs. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are set and the top is lightly browned.
Best Frittata Recipe (Easy Oven Method)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 13g81%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 1824IU36%
Vitamin C 29mg35%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.