Jalapeno Popper Dip takes all the flavor of the popper and turns it into a creamy, cheesy, easy to eat dip. Super effortless and full of enticing flavors, this dip will be the star of the party!
Show up to your next party with this dip and it will be the star! Combine this with any of my other favorites like Insanely Delicious Hot Crab Dip, Loaded Creamy Ranch Dip or 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip. Now this is an appetizer line up if I ever saw one!
Jalapeño Popper Dip Recipe
Warm, creamy and cheesy with a crunchy buttery top, this dip is just about as perfect as they come! It has all the flavors you love from jalapeño poppers, but is so much easier to make and eat. Plus I’ll error on the side that it’s going to be a lot more popular too! It’s so addicting you’re going to want to eat the whole thing by yourself. It’s such a comfort food with its ooey goodness. Every time I take this dip somewhere I get asked for the recipe and it’s a quick favorite. So go ahead, make it for game night, movie night or just because night. Any time of the year is the right time to make this!
If you’re worried about the spice, don’t be. I’m not a huge jalapeño fan myself, but this was the perfect amount of heat to creaminess. The cheese helped to cool the spice and the spices and crumb topping meld it all together. And the bacon! Don’t forget the bacon, it adds the perfect bite of saltiness and hint of savory making this dip absolutely heavenly.This is such a great dip because you can make it an advance and keep it in the fridge till ready to bake. Seriously, you need to make this today!
Ingredients for Jalapeño Popper Dip with Bacon
- Bacon: Because everything is better with bacon! Use a thick cut bacon so the savory salty flavor doesn’t get lost in the mix.
- Cream Cheese: Creamy and velvety, full fat will melt best but low fat works too!
- Mayonnaise: Make sure it’s not the salad dressing such as Miracle Whip, it’ll change everything. Not a fan of mayo, sub with sour cream.
- Canned Diced jalapeños You can substitute with 4 diced deseeded jalapeños, but I like the canned and I’ll explain further.
- Mozzarella Cheese: This is such a perfect melty ooey gooey cheese.
- Cheddar Cheese: Adds flavor, use medium cheddar for a nice good taste.
- Green Onion: Gives a bit of color as well as nice bit of sharpness.
Creating a Crispy Topping
- Ritz Crackers: Buttery and crunchy, these make the best topping.
- Parmesan Cheese: More cheese!
- Butter: Helps it all get nice and toasty.
How do You Make Easy Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Mix: In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix bacon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, jalapeños, mozzarella and cheddar cheese and green onion. Stir till combined and spread in a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Topping: In a small separate bowl combine the crushed ritz crackers, parmesan cheese and melted butter. Spread evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F, for 20-30 min till the top begins to brown and the edges start to bubble. Serve warm.
All About Jalapeños
When you look at similar recipes like Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball or Cheesy Hot Corn Dip you’ll notice I use Fresh jalapeños, but not in this recipe and I’ll tell you why. But first, if fresh is what you’d like to use, then do it! It’ll still taste amazing. I just prefer the canned version for some recipes like this Must Try Jalapeno Artichoke Dip.
- Unlike the fresh jalapeños, the canned version gives you a consistent spice all the way through. I don’t have to wonder if my fresh are spicy or bland, which can happen.
- They are already cut, deseeded and ready to go. That’s a really good reason! Fast and no worries about getting the juices on my skin or in my eyes.
- Canned Jalapenos are actually pickled which adds beautiful tang to this creamy dip.
- In this dip I love how everything is so smooth and creamy, using the jarred jalapeños means they’re soft too. This way you won’t have any crunchy peppers to disrupt the creamy lusciousness.
- If you do use fresh, the spice is in the seeds so take out or leave in the seeds to your level of heat.
Tips For the Best Dip
There are a few things to keep in mind about this amazing jalapeño popper dip when serving, to make sure it’s as awesome as can be. Are you prepared for what’s about to happen? Truly, because this dip is going to blow everyone away.
- Hot: This dip is best served warm. If you are taking it somewhere you’ll want to make sure you can serve it and keep it warm as long as possible.
- Crockpot: Because you want to serve it warm, it can easily be made in the crock pot. Mix everything together except the topping and place in the crockpot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Before serving, mix the crackers and butter and toast in a pan. Sprinkle over the top along with the parmesan cheese.
- Spicy: This is the perfect balance of spice in my opinion. If you love the spice you can always add more jalapeños.
What to Dip in Jalapeño Popper Dip
You can serve this with a variety of foods. It goes great with crackers, pretzel thins, pita chips, tortilla chips, baguettes sliced, or crostini. It will even go well with veggies like carrots, celery, peppers, sugar snap peas and tomatoes. YUM!
Can You Make Jalapeño Popper Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes! This is a great dip that can be made ahead of time or the day of. Perfect for game night, party time and holiday events! Get ready to have the best Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe!
- Make Ahead: You can totally make this ahead of time which can be a huge time saver. Mix as directed and cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You’ll need to add about 5-10 minutes of cooking time to make sure it’s heated through.
- Leftovers: Jalapeno Popper Dip will keep in the fridge for 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing it, dairy doesn’t tend to reheat well when frozen. It can separate. Try thinning the leftovers with a little bit of milk and serve over rice or pasta with a protein of your choice. So yummy!
Love a Spicy Kick, Try some of these Recipes
Jalapenos are the darlings of the spicy pepper family. They add such a beautiful spice that compliments so many flavors. It can add new life to your recipes, quite literally. Try some of these recipes if you like to play with just a little bit of heat in your food.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 Servings
A delicious and creamy jalapeño dip that is combined with amazing flavors! This dip will be the hit of the party!
diced and cooked
8 ounce packages
or 4 fresh chopped and deseeded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix bacon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, jalapeños, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and green onion. Spread in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
For the topping, combine crushed ritz crackers, parmesan cheese and melted butter. Spread on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Bake 20-30 minutes until the top is starting to brown and the edges start to bubble.
Updated on December 18, 2020
Originally Posted on September 25, 2014
Calories690kcal (35%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein16g (32%)Fat66g (102%)Saturated Fat27g (135%)Cholesterol134mg (45%)Sodium898mg (37%)Potassium192mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A1354IU (27%)Vitamin C9mg (11%)Calcium320mg (32%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.