Mexican Avenue Corn or “Elote” is roofed with a tangy and spicy crema sauce and topped with crumbled cotija cheese. It takes only one chew to comprehend why Mexican grilled corn on the cob is so standard.
The flavour profile of this Mexican corn is much like the sauce on our well-known Fish Tacos. Make this Elote corn in your subsequent social gathering and you’ll get recipe requests.
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure policy.
What’s an Elote?
Elote, pronounced ‘ee-low-tay’ is a aspect dish of candy grilled corn on the cob, smothered with a combination of crema (or bitter cream), mayonnaise, and spices. The mixture of candy and barely charred corn with the spicy sauce is irresistibly good.
Elote is a well-liked road vendor meals offered throughout Mexican festivals (particularly for Cinco de Mayo) which is why it’s known as Mexican Avenue Corn.
Easy methods to Cook dinner Corn for Elote?
You possibly can cook dinner corn utilizing your favourite methodology, from easy Boiled Corn on the Cob to Instant Pot Corn on the Cob. Throughout grilling season, we like to make Grilled Corn in Foil as a result of it imparts an added smoky taste.
Easy methods to Make Grilled Mexican Avenue Corn:
Mexican Avenue corn is very easy to organize. It’s so simple as cooking the corn then overlaying it within the sauce, cheese, and cilantro.
1. Grill Corn: Use simply sufficient foil to cowl the corn as soon as, overlapping barely and tucking within the edges. We double wrap for a campfire. See our full tutorial on grilling corn in foil.
2. Partially Unwrap: As soon as the corn is grilled, let it relaxation contained in the foil 10 minutes then peel again the foil to reveal a lot of the corn, however preserve the foil beneath the cob to make use of as a dish/ holder to keep away from getting sauce in your arms.
3. Make Sauce: Mix sauce elements in a small bowl then smother the corn in sauce and sprinkle with chili powder, a beneficiant quantity of cotija cheese, and chopped cilantro to serve.
Easy methods to Eat Mexican Avenue Corn
There actually is not any neat technique to eat Mexican road corn. The foil wrapper helps however it’s certain to get a bit of messy. You possibly can take consolation in realizing that everybody else round additionally, you will have sauce on their face. It’s so value it! You can too skewer it as we did in our Boiled Corn on the Cob.
Serve the smothered corn proper out of the foil ‘boats’ that you simply grilled the corn in to maintain your arms clear and your friends will recognize it. Mexican corn is ideal as a aspect dish and pairs very well with:
Why Grill Corn in Foil?
This recipe goes from the grill to the desk utilizing the identical foil. It’s so handy to make and serve with Heavy-Obligation Foil. Right here’s why we find it irresistible:
- Make-ahead – you possibly can pre-wrap the corn upfront and refrigerate till prepared to make use of
- No pre-soaking or ready required, merely wrap and grill the corn
- Nice for any form of grill – gasoline, charcoal, wooden, or smoker, and you’ll even double wrap to grill it over a campfire
- Even cooking – the foil protects meals over direct warmth to evenly cook dinner corn with out burning
- Serve in Foil – to maintain arms clear whereas having fun with saucy Mexican corn
- Simple clear up – no mess and no dishes
Grilling Security Tip: when eradicating foil-wrapped corn from the grill, use tongs and please be very cautious opening because the packet and steam inside can be extraordinarily sizzling.
Extra Genuine Mexican Recipes:
Should you love Mexican meals, strive our top-rated Mexican recipes. These candy and savory recipes all the time get rave opinions and also you’re certain to seek out some new favorites on this listing.
Grilled Mexican Avenue Corn (Elote Recipe)
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 18 minutes
Whole Time: 30 minutes
Mexican Avenue Corn or “Elote” is good corn on the cob smothered with a tangy and spicy crema sauce and topped with crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro.
Price to Make:
$10-$12 (varies by season)
elote, grilled Mexican corn, Mexican road corn
Energy: 220 kcal
Servings: 8 cobs of corn
cobs of corn
finely chopped (reserve some for garnish)
(plus lime wedges to serve)
Shuck corn and wrap in a single layer heavy obligation foil to completely enclose the corn then grill corn in foil.
In a small bowl, mix bitter cream, mayo, cilantro, minced garlic, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and a couple of Tbsp recent lime juice. Stir to mix and put aside.
Partially unwrap corn to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than making use of sauce. Maintain the foil beneath the corn for use for serving the corn.
Utilizing a basting brush, generously brush on the sauce and sprinkle generously with cotija cheese. Garnish with chili powder and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Grilled Mexican Avenue Corn (Elote Recipe)
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 135
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 4g25%
Ldl cholesterol 19mg6%
Vitamin A 408IU8%
Vitamin C 8mg10%
* % Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.