This week on Eater’s Digest, we focus on a few of the greatest information of the week:
- An replace on authorities support. The Paycheck Safety Program is formally out of cash. The Restaurant Revitalization Fund wants greater than twice its funding to fulfill each utility. The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant was glitchy from the beginning however ought to have the funds for to cowl the present functions. No phrase but on whether or not the RRF will probably be replenished.
- Man Fieri’s streaming present. On June 12, Man Fieri will launch a streaming special with the aim to rejoice eating places and encourage members of the business. It’s going to embrace musical performances, conversations with restaurateurs like José Andrés and Cat Cora, celeb appearances by Shaquille O’Neal and Rob Gronkowski, and $300,000 in grant giveaways for indie restaurateurs.
- Masks in eating places. This week Nick Kokonas announced that staffers at Alinea can forgo masks at work if they’re vaccinated (and may put on a pin to exhibit their standing to visitors). In the meantime Gabriel Stulman in New York is barely permitting vaccinated patrons to dine inside his new restaurant Jolene, and for the reason that employees are all vaccinated, nobody has to put on masks.
- Oatly’s IPO. The beloved oat milk model managed by a Belgium-based funding firm and a Chinese language conglomerate (plus funding agency Blackrock) is now value $12.5 billion after a formidable preliminary public providing in Might.
- Not possible Burger within the colleges. Now that the USDA awarded plant-based Not possible Burgers the Youngster Vitamin Label, they can be served in schools, worrying advocates who don’t suppose manufacturers ought to be marketed to children within the cafeteria. However would together with the Not possible branding assist with uptake amongst teenagers?