The concept for these savory muffins was impressed by a suggestion from a member of the WWL Program!
And man am I glad I took her up on that suggestion. I imply, there have been solely three muffins left by the point I acquired to take a photograph of them the primary few instances! That’s how good they’re.
Get extra recipes like this within the Workweek Lunch Meal Prep Program with entry to our meal planning instruments, grocery record generator, and extra. Start a free trial today!
Right here’s what it’s good to find out about this recipe:
- Gluten-free? Use all-purpose gluten-free flour for finest outcomes.
- Dairy-free? I like to recommend utilizing cheddar non-dairy cheese (I just like the model Daiya) for the batter
- Vegan? Use the above cheese advice and embrace a flax/chia egg. Directions are within the notes of the recipe!
Add-In Choices for these Savory Muffins
- Feeling adventurous? You’ll be able to throw in spices like cayenne or chili powder for some warmth or do that recipe with totally different cheese. I believe Monterey jack cheese or gruyere cheese could be superb on this recipe along with or to switch cheddar.
- Wish to throw in some herbs? Chopped chives, sage or recent thyme could be nice to throw into the batter for this recipe.
- Feeling inexperienced? Add chopped barely steamed spinach (not totally cooked) to the batter as nicely. You’ll be able to steam it a bit by warming it within the microwave for 30 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl.
Throwing in some greens could be a good way to use up leftover ingredients before they go bad!
Learn how to Eat These Superb Cheddar Muffins at Breakfast:
I attempted these muffins alternative ways all through the week:
- With selfmade applesauce! (Storebought can also be wonderful)
- With an egg on high!
- Warmed with butter!
All had been superb. I like to recommend consuming two muffins for breakfast or one for a snack, however as at all times that is completely as much as you!
Learn how to Retailer and Reheat these Savory Muffins
These muffins final at room temp on the counter, lined for 4 days, and within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as six days. They’re freezer-friendly for as much as 3 months. You’ll be able to eat them chilly, at room temp or barely warmed/toasted.
Make Certain to Give these different Savory Muffin Recipes a Strive!
And Don’t Overlook About Our Different Free Breakfast Recipes!
Fluffy Savory Cheddar Muffins
Servings 10 muffins
- cooking spray
- 1 cup milk of your alternative
- 3 TBSP butter sub non dairy butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg sub 1 giant flax egg – see notes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne optionally available
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour sub gluten-free all objective flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and extra for topping, sub vegan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F and put together a muffin tin with muffin liners or cooking spray.
Add milk, melted butter (or coconut oil), eggs (or flax eggs) and cayenne in a bowl. Stir till simply mixed.
Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, then stir. Then fold within the cheddar cheese.
Spoon the batter into the ready muffin tin, filling every cup about ⅔ full. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese on high if desired. It’ll make 10-12 muffins relying on how a lot you scoop in! Bake for 20-25 minutes, till the muffins are agency to the contact.
- 1 tablespoon chia seed or flax
- 3 tablespoons of water
Combine the chia/flax with water in a small bowl. Let it sit for 10-Quarter-hour, till it varieties a goopy texture (like an egg)! Add it to the batter as instructed.