Get up and get energized!
I love morning workouts. Getting up, embracing the morning sun, and moving at a fast pace always makes the rest of the day feel more focused and enjoyable. Morning workouts come with their own benefits that afternoon and night workouts can’t offer: You’ll enjoy feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day’s challenges. This simple morning workout for faster weight loss is our go-to workout for burning fat and kick-starting the day.
Simple Morning Workout for Faster Weight Loss
Getting your heart pumping first thing in the morning brings a euphoric start to the day. One of the critical hormones released in the body during exercise is serotonin. Serotonin is called the “happy hormone” because it helps regulate your mood while also supporting sleep, appetite, digestion, learning ability, and memory. So, starting your day with the “happy hormone” means you’ll feel more upbeat all day long!
Additionally, morning workouts put your metabolism to work. Nighttime workouts get your heart racing, but then you go to sleep to allow your body to repair and rest. Morning workouts keep your body working as it transitions off the physical and mental highs. This helps you burn more fat throughout the day while enjoying some of that energy to be productive in whatever you need to accomplish.
The Total-Body Routine
This morning workout can easily become a home workout if you’d rather stay indoors. For this workout, you’ll need a yoga mat and interval timer, which is available on most phones. You can add a single medium dumbbell to your Russian twists and a set of medium dumbbells to your lunges to increase resistance and burn more fat.
Perform each exercise for 45 seconds, with no rest in between. Complete four rounds, resting for 30 seconds between rounds, and you’re all set. If you’re a beginner, start by completing each exercise for 30 seconds, with 15 seconds rest between rounds. Complete three rounds, resting for 30 seconds in between rounds.
- Burpees: Yes: Always burpees! These are one of the best total body fat-burning exercises. Jump high!
- Russian Twists: Oblique work helps tighten and trim that unwanted fat from your waist. You’ll also get the perks of making your hips and butt look bolder.
- Forward Lunge to Reverse Lunge: A full, lower-body workout in one fluid movement. Keep your core tight and avoid over lunging and straining your knees. Your knee should never track over your toe in a forward lunge. Furthermore, focus on pushing up through your heel.
- Bicycles: Bicycles are another oblique exercise, but they also support the rest of your abs while promoting fat burning. Alternate between fast and slow bicycles each round.
- Modified Push-Ups: Finish this round with some chest and tricep work. Modified push-ups can be with your hands elevated. If you’re up for a real challenge, elevate your feet. Of course, you can always do regular push-ups instead if that feels more comfortable.
Forward Lunge to Reverse Lunge
Once you’re done with this morning workout, treat yourself to some delicious fuel with any of these 7 High-Protein Breakfasts to Fuel Your Day.
If you love working out in the morning, we think you’ll also want to try out these amazing, early-bird routines: