These 2 ingredients Strawberry Brownies are perfect for strawberry season! Made with cake mix and fresh strawberries, they are dense and chewy with a light strawberry glaze.
Strawberries are fresh and delicious! If you’re looking for more strawberry recipes for strawberry season, this Strawberry Pretzel Salad, Perfect Strawberry Shortcake and The Easiest Fresh Strawberry Pie are some of our favorites!
I know you’re wondering why we call these pretty pink strawberry bars Strawberry Brownies, even though they have no chocolate.
The texture of these Strawberry Brownies is perfectly dense, chewy and fudgy, just like your favorite chocolate brownies, but with a fun summertime twist!
Most Strawberry Brownies are made with strawberry cake mix. Since it is strawberry season, I really wanted to come up with a way to incorporate fresh strawberry flavor.
The strawberry puree adds the most perfect authentic strawberry flavor to these bars. I’ll never make them any other way!
How to make Strawberry Brownies:
When you need a dessert that’s easy but also loaded with fresh summer flavor, these Strawberry Brownies are the one! Just a few minutes prep and REAL strawberry flavor!
- Wash and chop your strawberries: I recommend fresh strawberries for this recipe because we don’t want to add any extra moisture. If you need to use frozen strawberries, thaw and drain the juices before pureeing.
- Puree your berries and strain them to remove any seeds: this will give you the best texture!
- Stir together your cake mix and strawberry puree: This is easily done with a sturdy spoon or a mixer — it is a thick batter that almost resembles a cookie dough, so a whisk is not recommended.
- Spread your strawberry brownie batter into the prepared pan: You may need to grease a spatula to get them spread evenly!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes: The exact cook time will depend on the size and type of pan you are using. Dark non stick pans usually cook a little faster, and glass pans a little slower. I like to use a 9″ pan, but you can use an 8″ pan and just cook a few minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Glaze your brownies and refrigerate for two hours before slicing: This isn’t necessary, but it does help to ensure you get even edges!
How to make Strawberry Brownies with Strawberry Cake Mix:
If you want extra strawberry flavor, you can always make these Strawberry Brownies with strawberry cake mix in place of the vanilla!
The fresh strawberry flavor may be overpowered by the less authentic flavor of the cake mix, but they will still be delicious.
If you don’t have real strawberries and you want to make strawberry brownies with strawberry cake mix, you can mix your cake mix with 2 large eggs and 1/3 cup oil. This is a general method for making brownies with a boxed cake mix.
More ways to make these Strawberry Brownies:
- Add in some fresh chopped strawberries for extra strawberry flavor!
- Use chocolate cake mix for strawberry chocolate brownies
- Swap the strawberry glaze for a simple cream cheese frosting
- Make a strawberry sundae with strawberry brownies, vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries or Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Swirl some strawberry jam in the top of your brownies before baking for an extra punch of strawberry flavor!
Other strawberry desserts you’ll love!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 16 bars
These 2 INGREDIENT Strawberry Brownies are perfect for strawberry season! Made with cake mix and fresh strawberries, they are dense and chewy with a light strawberry glaze.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries washed and chopped
- 1 16oz vanilla cake mix, no pudding added
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper (optional, but will ensure the brownies remove easily!). Lightly grease the parchment paper or pan.
Puree strawberries and strain to remove any seeds.
Spread batter into pan using a greased spatula or press it in with your hands.
Bake for 23-27 minutes, until set through the middle with no jiggles.
Let cool to room temperature on the counter.
Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk and pour over brownies. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before slicing and serving (optional, but recommended for clean slices!)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 3IU0%
Vitamin C 17mg21%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.