Hit your abs and hit them hard!
What’s keeping you from getting the abs you want? Time? Dedication? Finding the right moves? Building amazing abs is actually quite simple — consistently hit the muscles at different angles and with resistance. This workout for abs uses both of these methods. In six simple moves, you can burn fat and sculpt an amazing 6-pack.
Difference Between Building Abs and Uncovering Them
Performing routines like this one will help you build and strengthen your midsection, but in order to reveal your new sexy abs you must shed the excess fat that lies above them! How do you do this? With a proper diet of course!
There are multiple aspects to building an eating plan that will help you lose weight. First and foremost, you must eat plenty of lean protein, like chicken, eggs, fish, or even these plant-based protein options. In addition to protein, a diet full of healthy fats, like nuts, seeds, and dairy, as well as carbohydrates from whole grains, fruits, and vegetables will provide your body with the fuel that it need to shed excess weight and build muscle!
If the thought of putting your own meal plan together stresses you out, you may want to consider taking part in one of our ready-to-go programs:
This is the Only Workout for Abs You’ll Need
The key to building great abs is to hit them, hit them hard, and hit them from all angles. Unlike most muscles, your abs can twist, turn, and stretch in various ways. This gives you the opportunity to truly build and sculpt your midsection — all you need are the right moves.
What you need: For this workout, you’ll need a medium to heavy dumbbell (15+ lbs,) a yoga mat or towel to lay on, and an interval timer (your phone timer will work perfectly.)
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, with 10 seconds rest in between each exercise. Complete 3 rounds, resting for 30 seconds in between each round. After two weeks, add 15 seconds to each exercise. Perform this routine three times a week.
- Dumbbell V Crunch: Just like any other muscle group, resistance builds muscle and abs don’t get enough resistance. Keep your arms and legs straight and lift.
- Russian Twist: One of the best oblique exercises to reveal a slim waist.
- Cross-body Toe Reach: Keep your legs straight and try to reach your toe tip.
- Plank Knee to Elbow: One of my favorite plank exercises. Keep your core tight.
- Bicycle: This exercise offers a full core burn to shed fat and sculpt all your ab muscles.
- Flutter Kicks: A perfect lower ab exercise to burn out and shred lower belly fat.
Remember, for best results, be sure to combine this perfect workout for abs with a healthy, high-protein diet!
Dumbbell V Crunch
Cross-body Toe Reach
Plank Knee to Elbow